Hey guys! How are you all doing ?
The holidays are over and so is winter! So here’s the time to take serious care of our skin during this undergoing seasonal change.
As we know the humidity level tends to drop off in the autumn and winter months that sucks up all the moisture from our skin. Hence, many of us must be experiencing dryness and dullness. This situation just calls for a unique way of taking care of our skin!
Despite spending too much on countless cosmetics products, it’s better to switch to something that “Ayurveda”, “Chinese herbal medicine” and “British herbal medicine” have all advocated for centuries!
YES! Its ALOE VERA! The ancient Egyptians called Aloe Vera the “plant of immortality.” It is also sometimes described as a “wonder plant”. Do you want to know why?? .. Keep reading :*
So here I am with an all new post on why aloe has been called a wonder plant and how it can be used for amazing skin benefits!!
Before we start, Let me give you a little introduction..
WHAT IS ALOE VERA?
Aloe Vera is a cactus plant that belongs to the Liliaceae family. There are more than 300 species of the aloe plant, but “
PROPERTIES OF ALOE VERA
Viscous, colourless, odourless, tastes slightly bitter, Contains 98.5% water.
GENERAL APPEARANCE OF ALOE VERA
The Aloe Vera plant is about one or two feet tall with thick fleshy leaves; a kind of herb attached directly by its base without a stalk; colour pea-green; leaves:30–50 cm long and 10cm broad at the base; (when young spotted with white); bright yellow tubular flowers 25–35 cm in length arranged in a slender loose spike; stamens frequently project beyond the perianth tube.
WHICH PART OF ALOE VERA CAN BE USED?
There are two medicinally useful parts of the Aloe Vera plant.
- GEL = Aloe leaves are full of a colourless, soft and sticky translucent gel-like substance obtained from the parenchymatous cells in the fresh leaves of Aloe Vera that is used in the cosmetic, pharmaceutical and food industries.
- SAP=Which is a yellow-coloured liquid stuck to the skin of the plant from the inside. When dried and purified, the powdered aloe is often used to stimulate the evacuation of intestine.
30 BENEFITS OF ALOE VERA ON SKIN
Aloe Vera is also an “it” ingredient in the beauty and cosmetics world with its endless advantages all of which are backed by rigorous scientific studies
Researchers at the University of Las Palmas De Gran Canaria, Spain, published a study in the journal “Molecules” and reported that both Aloe Vera flower and leaf extracts had antioxidant and anti
Aloe Vera consists primarily of water and polysaccharides (pectins, hemicelluloses, and mannose derivatives). It also contains 18 of the 20 amino acids, Vitamin A, B, C and E, lipidstanninsenzymes (lupeol, campesterol, and β-), and 6-phosphate (that is a major sugar component). This is the reason why you find it in everything from moisturizers and toners to shampoos and deep conditioners.
LETS CHECK OUT THE POTENTIAL BENEFITS OF ALOEVERA
- 1. Acts as a soothing biodegradable body scrub in the shower. Slice aloe leaves and use the inner sides
- 2. Due to its cooling properties, same as menthol, aloe soothe and heal sunburns.
- 3. Treats major and minor homemade burn like scald etc.
- 4. Protect
sfrom ultraviolet radiation.
- 5. Protects the skin from aging effects of sunlight (for this purpose, 1 month old baby aloe shoot extract is more beneficial than 4 months old adult aloe shoot extract.
.as published in an article ”Phytotherapy” based on the research conducted by Kyung Hee University Global campus, South Korea).
- 6. Reduces the tissue damage when skin and the tissue below the skin freeze due to extremely cold weather.
- 7. Treats rashes
- 8. Takes the sting out of insect bites
- 9. Helps in treating contagious sores, most often around the mouth or on the genitals.
- 10. Helps in treating fungal infection that usually begins between the toes.
- 11.Provides quick relief to blisters/an area of skin covered by a raised, fluid-filled bubble.
- 12.Acts as an antidote to allergic skin reactions.
- 13.Provides protection to the skin damage after radiation therapy (Published in journal “radiation oncology” reported by a study carried out at the University of Naples
- 14. Due to its fast absorbing feature, it can be used as a moisturizer. It can be a replacement of creams and lotion.
- 15.Prevents pimple.
- 16.Treats acne.
- 17.Soothe psoriasis i.e. a chronic skin condition caused by an overactive immune system that includes symptoms like flaking ,inflammation and thick , white , silvery or red patches of skin.
- 18.Prevents stretch marks.
- 19.Treats scars.
- 20.Helps to get rid of Rosacea which is a skin condition that causes redness and often small, red, puss-filled bumps on the face.
- 21.Treats wart that is a small fleshy bump on the skin or mucous membrane caused by human papillomavirus.
- 22.Prevents wrinkles.
- 23.Helps eliminate eczema/an itchy inflammation of the skin.
- 24. Dececreases the appearance of pigments and dark spots.
- 25. Brightens skin.
- 26. Works as an Exfoliator when mixed with brown sugar and organic lemon juice.
- 27. Works well for dry patches on skin when mixed with organic sea salt, organic honey & coconut oil.
- 28. Treat wounds from second degree burns/ thermal burns.
- 29. Also provide pain relief for burns. ( Reported in the journal of Pakistan medical association).
- 30. Can be used as makeup primer that is usually applied before putting foundation.
HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE THE POST. PLEASE DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE YOUR FEEDBACK BELOW
HAPPY READING! SEE YOU SOON